Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm back - New Class, New Direction

Hello everyone! 
It's been a while since my last post which is largely due to my "day job".  It's hard when what you have to do takes precedence over what you want to do.  With that said, I took last semester off but have just enrolled in a class for the summer: "Introduction to Hospitality".  Now I won't be cooking in this class but it will be a class full of information on the hotel & restaurant industry.  And anything that has to do with food or the restaurant industry just gets me excited.  So, I will do my best to keep you updated on what I learn in this class.
     I know by taking culinary classes a lot of people have been assuming I would like to be a chef.  That is not necessarily the case.  I am just enjoying learning everything about what i love - FOOD.  I love to eat it of course, learn about it, improve it, and mostly talk about it. That's what I hope to do with this blog - share with you all things food.
     Something I am also trying to do is to make more meals from scratch at home.  Being a full-time working mother of 2 and wife to 1 :) I have resorted to more than my fair share of "processed" foods for a quick fix of dinner after a long day.  The toaster oven has become my best friend and when I recently identified with a mom who said she fed her kids frozen appetizers for most of their youth, I knew it was time to make some improvements.
     It's not an every day thing and the meals are not gourmet by any means but they are not prepared by microwave and for me that's a huge improvement. 
     I recently discovered a Pampered Chef cookbook: 29 minute meals. I have made a few meals from it already: turkey gyros, lasagna casserole, Asian steak stir fry, and last nights hit - chicken sun chip bites.  My kids ate them up and have enjoyed all my meals so far - a sign that I may be on the right path. Now I just need to take pictures of these meals and share with you what I've learned.  I hope to do that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment